Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Tuesday

Interesting day. Continuing to pursue Whizzie Eaton's children, I found her son's information on WhitePages. Having had no luck getting in touch with his sisters, I called him (he lives in Aubrey, Texas). A message machine was on and I stated my reason for calling, then prepared to go out. 

I took my cart and bused to the mall after breakfast. Got a few items at Target, then cream sherry at BevMo. Actually, I bought two bottles, as they were on sale. I was amused to see they were Christian Brothers; that was my father-in-law's choice for his--just one--glass of brandy in the evening.

From there, I went to Ross to get picture frames. I found what I wanted and took them to the register, but they're large and I then realized they might have been a problem getting home. The cart was already pretty full and was quite heavy. Besides that, it was very windy--there was an advisory--so I asked the cashier if I could put them on hold and pick them up later in the day, and he agreed. Went home and called Suzanne to see if she would mind taking me back. She was at work (St. John's in Oxnard), but said she'd be back in a half hour. When she got back, she took me and I got the frames. I mounted the pictures when I got home and they look good, but I'm not sure how I'm going to get them on the wall. Oh, well, I'll worry about that later. 

After that, for some reason, I felt tired and I took a nap of about two hours. I was full of energy when I got up and was delighted to see Richard Evans had called me back and left voice mail. I called him immediately and we had a great conversation. He was thrilled to hear I had a picture of his mother with Betty and me and we talked for some time. I promised to email it to him and will right now. Darn, I wish Whizzie hadn't died two  years ago, but the next best thing was talking to her son.

Ellen called about 8:00 to invite me to a birthday dinner for Greg's mother, Roz, tomorrow night. She'll be ninety and her other son and his wife are hosting this at a restaurant in Santa Barbara. Why such a last-minute invitation? It seems the arrangements were last-minute, also, and it will be just family, possibly including her grandson, who's at UCSB. Well, sure, I'll go; my policy is "never turn down an invitation." Not sure what I'll wear or get her, but I'll think of something.

Now it's off to the cremation breakfast! 

No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...