Saturday, February 26, 2022

Friday

Well, the weight report will only be for the home one, which was 127.2, a gain of 1.6, but I'm not concerned, as I count it as a normal fluctuation. I hadn't planned to go to T.O.P.S., but I slept well, getting up at 6:30, so I guess I could have made it, but I just didn't feel like it. 

Got two more thing done that I've been putting off, one a pedicure I badly needed. I walked over to Nails La'Elegance, just across in the Von's shopping center, after breakfast and paid thirty-six bucks (with tip) for it, but it was worth every cent. 

After getting home, I took my cart and walked to The Market for "cosmetic wedges" (little sponges that I use for the bunion on my right foot), then to Wal-Mart for--dah-dah!--my passport picture. I found it impossible to do at home, although the site said you couldn't, but it just didn't work. Anyway, this was quick and easy and was only $8.02, whereas it's sixteen bucks at CVS. As for the picture, I'll never show it to anyone but the authorities: I look like a hundred-and-two-year-old felon.

Bused home, had lunch, then Jim called. I told him about the passport thing at Wal-Mart, so he'll get his done there, too. Naturally, I invited him for lunch today and he was glad to accept. Ha, ha, we always follow this little ritual: We talk on Friday and before we hang up, I invite him for lunch for Saturday and he accepts. Once in a while, there's an exception, so he might come on Sunday, but as a rule, it's Saturday. That's okay, I need company and I like Jim most of the time.

Niece Joan called to tell me, as I had requested, her impressions of my brother, Jim in Bangkok. As I had been pretty much aware, he's more or less out of it. He has both a daytime and a nighttime caregiver and one of them sleeps there, but Joan couldn't remember which. At 96, he's about on Betty's and Frank's level now, which I  had suspected: passive, unaware of much, little memory left, but in no pain and more or less content. Joan and I didn't discuss her hurtful words of the other day nor my angry response, but we both said "I love you" before we hung up and I feel better about the whole thing now.  

No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...