Thursday, February 03, 2022

Wednesday And The Grave

Changed the bed and did a white wash. Early on, Suzanne texted me to ask if I wanted to go to WinCo this morning. I told her I had an 8:45 eye doctor appointment and asked if she'd take me. She will and we'll leave at 8:10.

I called Stella and we had a good chat. She's had some "challenges," as the saying goes, but is generally okay. She invited me to go to a free lunch next Wednesday at a restaurant in Ojai. Why free? Because it's one of those promotional things, in this case, cremation, which she wants, but I don't. I already have my tombstone with all info on it, except a certain date. I'll be moldering in the grave, I guess, rather than scattered, but whichever people prefer is fine by me. Here's my spot:

So, no, I don't favor cremation for myself, but I do favor a free lunch, so will see Stella next week. 

I took my cart and set out for Smart 'n' Final about 11:00, but the wind was so strong--chilly, too--that I turned back after a short time. Decided I'd go another day. 

After lunch, I bused to town. It had gotten a lot warmer and the wind had died down. Went to the library to put up the two Jonathan Kellerman books I had requested, the stopped at a few shops. Bought a DVD (used) of the full second season of Friends. I used to like that so much, and ditto, Will And Grace; I have several seasons of that show. 

Home and I pared and cut up the two big Idahoes I bought the other day.  I've had this hankering for real, old-fashioned mashed potatoes, so bought a masher from Wal-Mart last week, ready for action. Along with the potatoes, I had something called Quorn Meatless Roast, which I happened to see at Von's. It contains egg white, onion powder, milk protein, tapioca dextrin, yeast, and other ingredients. Anyway, I put it in the oven, then had it. It's surprisingly good--the texture is something like chicken breast, the the taste is more like red meat. I'll buy it again, I'm pretty sure.

No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...