Friday, September 18, 2020

Thursday

I'm beginning to think somebody has it in for me. I got up, poured my coffee, and sat down at the laptop, as usual. Added to this blog, pressed "publish," and started looking at Facebook. Oh, but wait--the screen suddenly dimmed a bit--hmm, I wonder why. Shortly after, it told me my battery was low and to re-charge. Puzzled, I did, but not long after, the whole damn thing went dead again. Good grief! 

I had breakfast, then called Laura at Office Depot. She said she suspected my charger was bad and advised me to bring it in again. This time, I was smart enough to take my cart; walked to Telephone Road, then bused. Laura plugged it in, charger seemed okay, and said we'd wait for half and hour or so. In the meantime, I went across the street to WinCo for grapes, Brussel sprouts, broccoli, and lunchmeat, so I can take sandwiches to my two little excursions today and Monday.  

Went back to Office Depot and the laptop seemed okay, so I thanked Laura and left. Something occurred to me that should have as soon as this happened: Could it be that I had accidentally turned the switch off at the door? I've done this before and that's where the charger is plugged in. Yes! That was the problem. Ellen had advised me to put tape or something over it so I didn't do it again, but I ignored that--thought it would look ugly. You can be sure I put something on as soon as I got home, though.

While I was waiting for the bus, my tenant, Eileen, texted me to say that the Sunrise Clubhouse manager had left a note on the door that sprinkler heads had to have red flags on them, as they were going to aerate and fertilize the lawn on Saturday. I called Laura, at the Clubhouse, and she said tenants could just pick up the flags and there were only four, anyway. I phoned Eileen to tell her this, so let's hope she'll get them and put them in. She also mentioned that the bushes in front need to be trimmed; I asked her to send me a picture. She did and I called Tony C., the landscaper; he'll get back to me.  

Had lunch, then put a load of wash in. While it was drying, I got antsy, so took off for the 21 bus to Oxnard, then rode the 6 back. Betty called and I mentioned I'd see her today. She was puzzled. Didn't Mary tell her that? No, so I called Mary later and she hadn't told her because Carolyn thought she should wait, as she'd be too anxious--or whatever. 

I also called a relative to check about the laptop and got direction from him. Called the dentist's office to ask to sit down with the dentist and get the lowdown on the procedure they want to do. We made an appointment for Tuesday at 10:30.

Cindy N., the hairdresser, called to thank me for recommending her to others. I told her I wanted her to come over for a trim before I go out of town.

Anyway, it seemed a pretty hectic day, but now I'm on the other side of it and preparing for T.O.P.S. 


No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...