Thursday, September 10, 2020

The Skinny On My Skin

The Access Van picked me up just after 9:00 for my 10:15 demonology appointment. I could easily have walked there, as it's only about a mile and a half, but I didn't want to arrive hot and sweaty. I was, of course, very early, but I was taken early. After filling out the interminable paperwork, I was weighed and, interestingly (well, it's interesting to me, if nobody else), I weighed in at 131.7, although I had all my clothes on, including my shoes. 
I was seen by Dr. Michael Trauner and what a neat guy. He asked if anyone in my birth family had had a melanoma and yes, my older sister did. Therefore, I was told I needed a full body scan and to disrobe, except for underwear. Did so, the doc looked and pronounced that all the annoying things popping up on me were no problem, just due to "maturity." (Ha--I know what he meant by that!)
We then starting chatting and when he asked me what I did during this time of trial, I mentioned I write plays and had been in little theatre. He lit up and said so is his daughter, a college student at GW in Washington, D.C. and we had a fun conversation about acting and so on. We then started talking about our children and he said he's been to Hong Kong, where Mike used to live, and Tokyo, where older son does. That was fun and he got up to leave, but first asked me to take off my mask...
Bo-i-i-n-g... I had completely forgotten about the thing on the side of my nose! He immediately noticed it and said he thinks it's Basel cell cancer. I'm sure he's right as I've scraped it off, but the scab never heals. He numbed it, injected it, and did a biopsy and said I'd be called in a week or so with the result. Well, it's not the worst thing in the world, medically speaking--I just hope my nose remains intact.
Walked a few blocks, then the 10 came along and I hopped on that.
After lunch, I walked to the Market for tomatoes and things. Bused back, but was home by 3:00. I fooled around a bit on the laptop, then thought I'd go to Von's for mushrooms. Just as I was walking out the door, Suzanne was coming in and I deferred my supermarket trip to sit out front and chat with her. Leah, from upstairs, came home and we talked with her, also. I had seen in the paper that there was a homicide in Oxnard. Leah works on the coroner's office and said it was so distressing because it was such a young guy and he hasn't even been identified yet. The three of us agreed we'd meet for tea on our mutual front walk someday.
Got my mail, which included this wedding invitation:
These two were in the Fractured Actors show in August. I'm amazed they invited me, as I hardly know them, but my policy is "never turn down an invitation," and I plan to go. They actually have a web site about the wedding, which is fun to see. They're both actors and Karyn is also a set designer; Michael has been in some T.V. commercials. Naturally, they both have regular jobs.
Another unbelievable occurrence: As I usually do, I started this post on the same day about which I'm writing, then top it off the next morning. As I write, it's 11:49 am on Wednesday, September 9. Incredibly, I just got a robo-call and when I declined it, a message.  It told me to call a certain number if I, or a member of my family, has been diagnosed with cancer. Obviously, the powers that be* knew I had been to a dermatologist. I wonder if they knew he found a probable skin cancer.
*Our corporate masters., supported by their whores, the politicians. 

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...