Monday, September 14, 2020

Great Day

Yesterday was about my best day in months. I got to Ellen's around 12:20 and while she tidied up the kitchen, we talked and talked. The kitties were, as usual, full of high spirits and it was great fun playing with them.
El drove us to Sea Fresh and we got there about 2:00. She accepted a Margarita in honor of her birthday--it looked lovely--and had a fish taco with it. I like their seafood a lot, but I do eat a lot of fish at home, so ordered an big Black Angus hamburger, very rare (I always tell the server I want to hear a faint "moo"). I don't eat red meat as a rule and don't buy it, but will order it out now and then. Had a wonderful Stella Artois lager, too, and it was a great lunch.
I had mentioned to the server it was Ellen's birthday and darned if she didn't bring out a sundae, gratis, with two spoons. So good to share that with my darling daughter. Here's El with her Margarita:

After, we went back to El's, chatted and played with the kitties a bit more, then she drove me to Von's and the bus stop. I got  home about 6:00 and had a glass of iced tea. NO dinner, I was so stuffed from lunch--in fact, I may never eat again (unlikely).
I got a phone call later, had a long talk and made some plans. Put on my jammies at 7:00, did my thing on this contraption, then settled in to watch an hour of Matt Damon in Garry. That's a very peculiar movie, about which more when I finish it. 


No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...