Thursday, September 03, 2020

Wednesday

In the long-ago days when I was at Rider, we used to call Wednesday "hump day" because it was in the middle of the work week and we were over the hump.
I should call yesterday "slump day." Boy, was I low. I'm sure it had partly to do with my poor sleep, but the reason I couldn't sleep was because of something I'm beating myself up over even now. I don't want to go into detail, but it has to do with a financial move--nothing major, I hasten to add--that I meant to make and I forgot. It may have cost forty bucks or so and that's not a big deal. I don't even know myself why I kept brooding over it, but I did. In this case, it truly isn't the money, but the fact that I forgot what I meant to do. In light of my siblings' conditions, I can't help but worry. In an effort to lift myself out of it, I washed the throw rugs, then dusted and mopped the hard floors. This actually helped, I guess because it took my mind elsewhere.
I remembered that my son's and daughter-in-law's anniversary is next week. I was going to go buy a card, but found a lovely homemade one I already had (I didn't make it) with a cloth heart on the front and a blank inside. After lunch, I wrote them out a note of congratulations and walked to the post office to mail it.
From there, just on impulse, I got on the 21 bus and rode down Victoria. I stopped in at what I thought was a key place (I want Ellen and Suzanne to have my key), but they make only car keys. At loose ends, I took the bus to Oxnard just to kill time. Rode to the transit center there, then immediately got on the 6 and rode back to Ventura.
I stopped at Von's to get grapes and felt marginally better. I had more of my bean stew, plus roasted carrots, spinach, and avocados for dinner, and enjoyed it.
I felt much better after dinner when El called. She's getting along okay with the tech stuff and the first few days of virtual school went well. Happily, on Monday, she'll divide the class into groups of nine, much easier than all 27 at once. It also helped my mood that I donated $25 to Ventura Food Share. I didn't feel right taking the food, as I have no problem supporting myself.
I called Jim, but he wasn't there. Wrote him an email, which he'll see todat when he's in his office. Okay, things are looking up and I'm back to normal, I'm happy to note.

No comments:

Friday

Weight: stayed the same at home (125.4) and at T.O.P.S. was up an inconsequential .06 to 125.4. Maria brought a guest and we had a fairly in...