Friday, January 26, 2024

Thursday

 As it turned out, Julie didn't pick me up at 5:00 for the BCNN dinner group. She called in the morning to say that her cousin, who recently broke his hip, asked for her assistance, as his wife in in a wheelchair. She was apologetic, but to tell the truth, it was okay with me. I go out a lot and, although I enjoy the BCNN eat-out groups to an extent, missing some is not a problem 

Did a color wash, went over to Von's for fresh spinach and a few other things, then to CVS for medication, then walked down Victoria Avenue to The Market....

...and that was a mistake. My foot had felt fine--no discomfort at all--for several days, but I guess I shouldn't have attempted the mile and a half walk. Halfway there (the point of no return), the side of my foot suddenly starting hurting. It wasn't terribly painful, just ached a bit. I managed to get to the store, but took the bus home. Once I put slippers on, it was no longer sore. 

Put off dinner to shower, then prepared the spinach (olive oil, vinegar, garlic) and had it with Voila! Chicken Alfredo. Mediocre, if you ask me.  

Darn--I've been sleeping so well for a week or more, but last night, I was very restless. Finally conked out, but I didn't get enough. I'm contemplating actually skipping T.O.P.S. and going back to bed. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...