Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Did a color and, then a white. After, I spend ages trying to find a schedule for the 50 bus to get to Thousand Oaks on Monday. I did, but could hardly read it, so downloaded, then enlarged. I'll have to call Katie to see if she can pick me up when I get to T.O. Left to meet Noreen for lunch after that.

I reminded myself to tell Noreen about the young woman I met on the Airporter going to L.A.X. for my flight to New Mexico. This was in my December 16, 2023, entry on this blog when I was in New Mexico:

--A neat thing happened yesterday--besides getting here in this beautiful place--was the trip to LAX via the Airporter. A girl named Catherine and I struck up a conversation. It turned out that she just graduated from Thomas Aquinas College, in Ojai, and that she works as a server at Lure Fish House, where I've been often. I gave her my card, as I often do with compatible people I meet and maybe I'll see her again.--

Got there early, went in, and was greeted by the server. I asked to sit outside, she led me there, then turned to me and said, "Are you Rosemary?" I hadn't recognized her, but yes, it was Catherine and she recognized me! We hugged and exclaimed over that, then chatted a bit. I was sorry to hear that next month,she's moving back up to Sacramento, her hometown. She didn't elaborate, except to say it had something to do with her living arrangement. Maybe I'll get to Lure again before she leaves.

Noreen came and we both had rockfish for lunch, plus sides and she Chardonnay, me an IPA. We talked and talked and stayed for two hours. Before we left, I introduced her to Catherine, then C. and I took a selfie:

That is a truly horrible picture of me--even worse than my usual!

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...