Monday, January 01, 2024

Sunday

I was reading a few of my early blog entries--we're talking 18 years ago here, the first posted on September 26, 2005. I noticed that I just mentioned activities, not the boring stuff about changing the bedclothes and having salmon for dinner. Now I'm going to try to go back to that. It's an experiment--I said I'd try--no promises, though.

Correction: The picture I posted yesterday is, indeed, of Bill Molloy's widow, Regina, but with her is  their son, not his brother, Mike's. Mike Molloy (who died years before Pat, although he was three years younger), had a son named Mike, also, as we did. Confusion, anyone? Anyway, I heard back from those of the clan I Messaged and I hope to receive copies of family pictures from them.    

As for activities, I took my cart and my lunch and bused to Target at the mall. Very crowded, of course, but that was okay. Bought what I wanted (prominently grapefruit and tilapia), ate, and bused home. Walked over to Von's for milk and tilapia later. 

Carolyn Bowman texted to see if I was going to the Soaring Spirits lunch today, but no, because I'll be with Mike and family at Ellen's--yay!  I've been preparing for that and think I have everything done. . Can't wait to see everybody, especially the young ladies pictured below. Their Auntie Ellen called after dinner, just to wish me a happy new year and she's another gift from the gods 

Here's granddaughter Vivian ice skating yesterday in Union Square Ice Rink, San Francisco. Isn't she gorgeous? Nineteen years old and she's got the world by the tail. Do I envy her? Yes.

And here's Violet, the little scamp winking. Where did they get those beautiful teeth? Not from their Dad's side of the family, that's a cinch: 
Their Auntie Ellen called me after dinner, just to wish me a happy new year and we chatted. Talk about lucky me--she's another gift from the gods.

No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...