Thursday, January 25, 2024

Wednesday

Busy day. Courtesy of my new insurance, SCAN, the Lyft driver picked me up at 7:20 and took me to Zak Dental for my 8:10 appointment. Since it's only about 20 minutes away, I was pretty early, but that was okay,  as I had time to complete the paperwork (actually, internet work). As it turned out, I was there for two hours while I had x-rays, a consultation, regular teeth cleaning, deep cleaning with laser, and a gum treatment. No major problems and I have another appointment in April. 

When I inquired, I was told that Dr. Zak owns and operates twelve "Zak Dentals" in southern California. He actually still keeps his hand in (in your mouth, that is 😁) and occasionally does some procedures. I still kind of miss Dr. Babbitt, but I like this place and its staff okay. I especially like the location, directly across from the transit center and mall--I stopped at BevMo for a six pack of IPA.  

Home, I had planned to do my balance exercises (I usually do them right after breakfast), but found I had no Internet. Re-booted, it didn't work, called Yandoo Communications, they rebooted remotely, and it didn't work for them, either. They said they'd send somebody at 3:30. 

Met Diane at the library place at 1:00 and we had our usual good talk. She brought me a partial bottle of grapefruit wine and I had a few sips; took the rest home. I left at 3:00 so I could get home in time for the technician. I was, he came, but by that time, the Internet was back up, so no problem there.

I had some chicken meatballs in the freezer and prepared them with a large can of crushed tomatoes. Had some for dinner without pasta and they were okay. Refroze the rest for another day. Did my balance exercises after. Besides what the p.t. gave me, I added to my regimen the Jessica (Somebody)  video; her moves are considerably more challenging. 

Dinner with the BCNN group tonight at Prime; Julie will pick me up at 5:00.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...