Wednesday, January 03, 2024

Tuesday

Kind of a draggy day. I had almost forgotten I had an endocrinologist appointment at 11:30, but got ready. For the first time, I used the Uber pickup from my new supplementary insurance, SCAN. It was great and completely free (I gave Sergio a tip, but that was my choice), and I get 32 rides a year--great. I decided I'd take the bus when I came out, as I wanted to go to Wal-Mart.

Got there, showed my I.D.s from SCAN and sat down to wait--until I was called to the desk. There I was told I couldn't be seen, as the new info had to be authorized by SCAN and that would take about an hour. I was furious and said I'd make a new appointment. However, I did, indeed, get to Wal-Mart for stuff, plus Trader Joe's for three of their big grapefruit, so it was okay.

Had a big salad for lunch, then called Harvey at The Townehouse; he said he remembered me from when I took Jim there--and made a date for tomorrow for my daughters and me. We'll have lunch there, see the apartments, and talk finances.

Called Noreen and we had a long talk. Niece Carolyn called and ditto. She said Vivian and her Claire had spent the day together, while Violet visited with a friend from camp.

Julie called to ask if I wanted to go to the BCNN meeting today. Actually, I had meant to call her to say, no, I wasn't really interested. She isn't either, so good.

Grandson Joel will be 43 next week, so I wrapped his gift and card, added a check, and will walk to the P.O. to mail today. 

No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...