Sunday, January 14, 2024

Saturday

The birthday party for Lewis was a lot of fun. Vickie and I got there about 2:15 to find Cheryl and her husband, George, already there. Later, Lennie came in and, besides Sharon, that was all from T.O.P.S. I know Lora had been planning to go, but she didn't; not sure why.

There was enough food for seventy or eighty people, I'd say: chicken, pork, ribs, a New Orleans-type sausage and seafood medley, salad, macaroni and cheese, turkey sandwiches, and more, plus several desserts and soda. I asked for a beer and Lewis got it out of his personal stash, a bottle of Modelo negra-(name seems appropriate). Here are some pics from the party:

A semi-T.O.P.S. table: Vickie with back to camera and from her left around the table, Lennie, Michelle, Cheryl's husband, George, and Cheryl.
On the patio. HA--it was Lewis's seventy-fifth.

From left: Michelle, Vickie, Michael, Sharon, her son-in-law, and Cheryl's husband, George.
Connie, one of Lewis's four sisters. I had a great time talking to her, as she's had some stage experience.
Also fell into conversation with Katie, who lives in a posh "retirement village" in Thousands Oaks. (She has three bedrooms and two baths.)  When I got home, I found an email from her, inviting me to visit for lunch and we arranged for me to go next Monday, the 22nd. This will just be a visit, not a tour. 
Hostess Sharon with Michelle, who had been in our T.O.P.S. group for several years. 
And here's a mix of the Rex family, some children, some grandchildren, and some of Lewis's sisters.

The party had started at 2:00 and we said goodbye about 4:30.Vickie then drove me up to see Vista Del Mar, 'way up in the hills, where she worked years ago. She and Mary lived very close to it and the views are spectacular:
So--a fun day.

Note to self: I just ordered printer ink from Canon, using my new BOA credit card. I will be "cash rewarded" two hundred bucks if I charge a thou in the first three months, which is easy, since I charge almost everything. I've done this before with three other cards, so in April, will have been "rewarded" with a total eight hundred bucks. Since I never carry a balance, there's no downside for me, so why not?

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...