Tuesday, January 02, 2024

Monday--New Year's Day-2024

I'm writing this at 5:31 am on Tuesday, January 2, 2024. Lots of good times yesterday, but I'm going to rely mostly on pictures. I was picked up at 10:30, then we got Jim, then were whisked over to Ellen's in Ojai. Singapore crew arrived shortly after and we had a good, good day, which included:

Three-quarters of the Singapore contingent...

Greg and Jim...
A good lunch, which included Greg's yummy vegetable soup...
Games, which were hilarious; here are Violet and Vivian acting out whatever...
...the girls, with Mom Paula watching, comparing heights,;Violet, 15, is now taller than Vivian, at 19...
Mike and either Gwennie or Cessy...
...hostess, Ellen, with Greg, on porch...
...and there was lots, lots more, including our walk (minus Greg and Jim, who stayed back to watch a documentary on Marie Callas) on the Ojai Meadow Preserve. That was pretty rugged in a few areas, as it had recently rained, creating gullies and mud, but it was enjoyable. I forgot to bring my camera there, but Mike took pics, which will be shared, I hope, and I'll post when I receive them.

Later, several of us went to Bart's Books. On the way, we saw a hang glider who touched down at the high school:   
After a terrifically enjoyable day, El took Jim and me home. When I got up just now, I realized I have an 11:30 appointment with Dr. Ficks (love that name for a doc!), the osteoporosis person. I'll jump in the shower now and hope I make it. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...