Monday, January 15, 2024

Sunday

Diane called at nine to say she was experiencing some dizziness and wanted to postpone our lunch date. That was okay with me, actually, because it was chilly and we had planned to eat behind the library. We then proceeded to talk for some time, filling each other in or our pursuits of the last few weeks.

We said goodbye then I washed the sheets, re-made the bed, dusted and mopped the hard floors, and washed the throw rugs. Made a sandwich, packed it and a Blue Moon, and took off for the mall. Ate in the middle there, then went to Target for grapefruit, nail polish remover, and coffee filters.

Home, I started going over the SCAN OTC brochure and deciding what to order. I have several questions for them, too, and will call today. Bused home and something else happened that occupied the rest of  my day until 6:30--will fill in later.    

Two more pics from the party for Lewis:

Some of his extended family gathers as he's about to cut the cake.
With no interest in the party, little grandson, Jackson, hugs Mom. On Lewis's right is his and Sharon's daughter, who's a DNP at Community Memorial Hospital:
Any reader who knows what "DNP" means gets a prize! (I had to look it up.)

James Crayton texted me last night to tell me that his brother, Bennie, Suzanne's and my former neighbor, has died. Memorial service will be in March in L.A. and he'll keep me informed. 



2 comments:

iloveac said...

I know….it’s the next degree after the MSN…Master’s in Nursing. DNP is a Doctorate in Nursing Practice.
Do I get a prize?

Mimi said...

You do, Pat! The prize is you get to read this blog everyday for all eternity--AAGH!!

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...