Saturday, January 27, 2024

Friday

Home, I was an even 127, so same as last week; T.O.P.S. to 127.2. so down 1.5. (I didn't skip--virtuous me.)

After breakfast, I did some paper/computer work until I was picked  up at 1:15. We got my collection of formal glassware (martini and Margarita) down from a high cabinet. I kept two of each, just in case I ever have a romantic rendezvous 😁; the rest, I'll list on Buy and Sell Ventura. 

We had tentatively planned to hike up the somewhat steep incline behind city hall in town, but my foot isn't completely healed yet, and I think I overdid it on Wednesday. Instead, we walked The Promenade next to the ocean. It was windy, but wonderfully warm and sunny and we went about a mile and a half, all told. Lots of activity there, including strollers, runners, bikers, skate boarders, baby carriages, so it was very enjoyable. What has become a thing are "memorial gardens" in the planted areas where people commemorate loved ones with painted rocks. This is just a tiny portion of the hundreds there:  


Some Other Me must had added the one in the middle left below for my husband, Pat--GO EAGLES!

On the ocean side, there are more, including a departed's surfboard:
As for the surfers still above ground, they had to painfully inch their way over the rocks and wood debris that were washed up by the recent storms:

 After, went went into town and stopped at a few shops. I found an artificial plant that looks real (well, it is real, since you can touch it and feel it, right 😁?), bought it and will use it to fill in bare spots on the patio. Home about 5:00, we dropped off our stuff, then went to Jasmine Thai for dinner. 

That's just the bare bones of yesterday, but it was a fun day and so enjoyable 😊.                                                                                                                                                                       

No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...