Sunday, January 07, 2024

Saturday

After breakfast, I spent four hours taking down, hauling out, and sorting Christmas decorations--keep or toss! Now WHY I had so many and WHY I kept buying more is beyond me.  It's just unbelievable how much I have. I separated out about half of it to donate, but I know I should get rid of more. I'd love to sell some of it, but I guess this isn't the time of year to do it. 

Texted Mike to see if he was available yesterday. After back and forth with him and other family, we decided to meet today. We'll drive up there and see what kind of fun we can have. Ran into Mike Upstairs (these Mikes are taking over the world!), thanked him for the papaya and avocados, and had a nice chat. He and Lisa had been back east for Christmas where they have family.

My far-off friend and sister blogger, Pat R., was kind enough to discuss some aspects of communal living with me and we talked for an hour on the phone. I'm still exploring other options, of course, and I'm not wildly enthusiastic about The Townehouse (as I emailed to Pat, especially that  "e"), but it's a possible destination--the next being the grave, I guess.

The Townehouse has been in existence for many years (fifty? sixty?) and is privately owned by a guy named Jay Issacs. I met him when I took Diane to their Poseidon Adventure event (with wine and nibbles, of course) last year. I found an article, with picture, about that event. Incidentally, it's written in a truly idiotic, wide-eyed teeny-bopper style I haven't seen since high school. Also, the headline reads that it was a "smashing hit," but the correct expression is "smash hit." Okay, I'm a nitpicker, but anyways (that's a joke!), the evening was great fun:      

https://venturabreeze.com/2023/06/14/ventura-townehouse-movie-night-is-a-smashing-hit/

Note to self: Leah will be away in St. Lucia from Jan 8 to 15. Her 31st birthday is Jan 10.

No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...