Sunday, December 16, 2012

Readings

Picked up Aline at quarter of twelve, which meant we arrived fearfully early for the one o'clock call in Atlantic City.  Our leader, John P., was already there, though, and others came soon after.  We were all pleased when we saw the venue for the show.
Dante Hall was built by St. Michael's Church, but was bought by Stockton State, and it's a beauty of a theatre.  Clearly, the new owners renovated and did it very well.  They added stained glass windows depicting various aspects of theatre, statues of what seems to be the goddess of same, and similar touches.  There are carpeting and padded chairs, a good-sized lobby, and well-appointed rest rooms.  All in all, it's a terrific place for our group.
An Afternoon of Original Play Readings went off without a hitch and we had a good audience--I find it difficult to judge, but I guess there were over a hundred in attendence.  I was pleased that Florence L., Rita D., and her cousin came and chatted with them for a time.  During intermission, bottles of water and pretzels (my suggestion) were served and they went over big. The show moved along very well, including my "Tootie Looks At Real Estate"; I also acted in "A Genie's Fate," and "The Game Show."  After, Aline, Betty, and I went to Johnny's in Margate for dinner.  B. and I exchanged birthday gifts, as she'll be in Chicago on The Day.  Got home a bit after 8:00.
Only negative of the day was the fact that I left my reading/computer glasses at the hall.  Send John an e-mail asking how I can retrieve them.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...