Friday, December 21, 2012

Ellen Here

Happy day, Ellen's here!  Went and got her at 10; she looks wonderful and it was SO good to see her.  We swung over to The Pretzel Factory in Manahwkin and I picked up the pretzel tray.  Dropped it off a the post office for employees who have been so nice to me and they were very appreciative.
We got my darling daughter settled in, then drove to Atlantic City to finally, at long last, get my reading glasses.  Stopped for lunch at Smthville Inn, to which I was treated again.  Terrific lunch, then we shopped the stores a bit. 
Home, we chatted, laughed, and had a great mother/daughter time.  Got a call from my dear cousin, Marifran, my "Cincinnati Sis" and had a wonderful time catching up.
I made stir-fry for dinner--E. adding her stir-fry technique--and a salad and we had a good meal.  E. is going to make my birthday cake while I'm at my acting class in Margate today IF I go.  It's raining hard and very windy, so maybe I should stay put. 
Got birthday messages from both my precious boys, as well as an exquisite homemade card by N.  P. and N. also sent me a subscription to The Nation, for which I'm very appreciative and there are two big packages from Mike I may not open until tomorrow.  M. asked about Skyping, but it's up in the air for now, as they're going ice-skating and I may be gone most of the day.
Got mailed cards from a number of friends and e-cards from others.  I'm not thrilled to be the age I am--yes, children, I'd rather be younger--but all things considered, I'm lucky to be hale and healthy and have the wonderful family I have.
Now on to Christmas!

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...