Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Eve

Got up late today--7:30-- and as soon as I sat down at the computer, got a Skype call from the Tokyo Twosome, then another from the London contingent.  My 8-year-old granddaughter got an IPad Touch, for Pete's sake, and the 4-year-old got guitar and a plastic dog that poops. 
As for yesterday, it was another fun-filled one. Ellen and I picked up Aline at 8:00 and we had a great breakfast at Dockside Cafe.  Enjoyed much convivial talk until we had to drop A. off and get home to prepare for our trip north.
Left at 10:00 and arrived at 11:00.  We piled into the SUV and drove to Rob and Lisa's for a late lunch.  Terrific food: turkey, stuffing, corn pudding, yams and pecans, cookies, several pies, and all kinds of other goodies.  Fourteen people broke bread together, including Lisa's parents, Dale and Betz; her brother and nephew; my son-in-law's ex-wife and her husband; and a few others.
After, we went to the Moravian Church in Riverside and witnessed a lovely service, which included lots of carol singing--Rob and Lisa's two children sang a solo together--in a beautiful old (140 years) church in Riverside.
It was snowing picturesquely when we left the church, but I was glad it slackened off soon and was only raining at my house.  Ellen drove and we got home by 9:00.
Merry, Merry Christmas to all!

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...