Friday, December 14, 2012

Lots Of Stuff

Back to Target yet again to return an item and purchase others.  Ran a few more errands in Manahawkin. Aline called to ask if she could accompany me to Arsenic And Old Lace "auditions" (why quote marks?  Read on).  She was going to see Life of Pi in Manahawkin in the afternoon and invited me to go, but I just had too much to do.  We arranged that I'd pick her up at 6:00 on Route 9.
As long as I was in the general area, decided I'd better check out the location for the Arsenic tryouts in daylight, as I'm not all that familiar with Barnegat.  Drove to Donahue School where they were scheduled to be held.
Geesh, what a trek!  It's way, way out to the end of the road, which actually ends with a barrier across.  Good thing I took a dry run, as I'd never be able to find it in the dark. 
Home, I wrapped my purchases in Christmas paper, then brown, and mailed all at my trusty post office.  Finished up my "theatre experience" resume and had a bite to eat, then took off to pick up Aline.
We arrived at the school amid hordes of children dressed in pajamas.  They were having some kind of holiday gathering--very cute for the kiddies, but we thought it an odd, out-of-the-way place to audition.  We were directed to the faculty room and went in to see two women and a man, who immediately asked us to wait outside.
Now the information on Facebook said auditions were from 6 to 7:30 and this was about 6:20.  However, I, the soul of patient agreeableness, said nothing and we just waited outside. 
One of the women left and we were called in.  We met Lou M, the director and Sherry Something, who seems to be the contact person, and the four of us chatted pleasantly.  I gave Lou my resume and we were asked to jot down info on a sign-up sheet, along with our preference for roles.  Did so, and we were then told auditions would be held shortly in the same place, about which we would be notified.
What the hey?  The FB page lists auditions as being held on Thursday, the thirteenth and I was given the same information on the phone.  However, we naturally said nothing but thanks, and left for the long, dark ride home.
Something tells me Our Gang is even more sloppily run than LETCO.  Oh, well, that's show biz, I guess.


No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...