Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Filled

Lots going on.  After I had sent the article and picture about his self-made books to Mike B., he asked if he could come over to substitute one and would I re-do them?  I agreed, he came, I revised and sent them off.
I was delighted to get a call from Creative Touch to the effect that I could come for color today if I was willing to be fit in between Shirley's appointments.  Yes, I was and am, and will be there at 10:00. 
Showered and dressed, and drove to Venenzio's in Smithville for the R.H. Christmas luncheon.  This was one to which the husbands were invited and those who had 'em brought 'em.  I had forgotten to bring wine, but red was shared and I only two small glasses.
Just as well, because when the party broke up about 3:30, I drove to the cemetery as I had intended.  I had thought the wreath bows I put on Pat's and Jay's graves looked tacky (the cheap red "velvet" variety), but when I got there, I thought they were okay, so just added a gold bow.
Drove down to Produce Junction for an amaryllis to bring as a five dollar gift to the L.'s Christmas party last year.  I was sure they'd be all old out (bought myself one the last time I was there), but they had plenty.
Home after 5:00 and being full up from veal over linguine at lunch, skipped dinner and just played a bit of a hidden object game, my current passion.  I had registered at the library to attend the American Girl Christmas ornament session, so went there at 6:00. 
The idea was to make tree ornaments with an American Girl theme.  Because V. and V. have S.G. dolls, I thought it would be fun to make some for them.  Lots of foam Christmas shapes were provided, along with pictures of "historic" little girls to cut out, scissors, glue, tiny puff balls, glitter, and so on.  Under the guidance of the librarian, Leslie, and along with five little girls ranging in age from about five to ten, I laboriously made four ornaments, getting stuck up with glue and glitter in the process, but it was fun.  
A good day, filled as it was with a variety of activities.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...