Friday, December 28, 2012

More Comings And Goings

Arrived up north at 10:00.  Hung out with my two darling daughters, had a bite, met the guest from New England, and chatted until time to take El to the airport.  We got there without incident, E. driving, and I resolved, as I assured her, not to cry.
Almost, but not quite made it (got a little choked up), and we said goodbye.  It's probably good that it's no longer customary to park and go in with the passenger.  In my case, the fact that I had to follow my Google directions out of the airport helped get my mind off the parting. So did the fact that we discussed and tentatively decided that I'll go out and visit her when she's on Spring Break at Easter time.  I was glad it didn't snow or rain on the way home--cloudy, but clear, which is better then s. or r. 
Spent the rest of the day in various pursuits.  Packed most of my stuff for the long trip today to the far north.  Called Betty, who will be getting home from Chicago today.  Received an invitation to a New Year's Eve party from Tonya, of LETCO, and am considering it.
Was sent an e-mail about the article and picture on the FELS readers' theatre group that appeared in The Press of Atlantic City today.  Put it on Facebook.
Soon, will be off to upstate Pennsy, for a continuation of what has been end-of-the-year wonderful fun.

No comments:

Monday

Set off for the mall and Target at 10:30. I got some staples (plant milk, blueberries, grapefruit, etc.), but decided to hold off buying the...