Thursday, December 27, 2012

Monmouth Museum

Ellen and I met the boys and their Gran at 11:00 at the Monmouth Museum, part of Brookdale Community College.  It's a modest one, mostly for children, but we all enjoyed it.  They have a craft room and J. made a sword and wall hanging, T. an undetermined "thing" with gold lame and cotton balls.
We had brought lunch--good thing, as there's no cafeteria--and ate in the SUV.  By this time, a cold, sleety rain was coming down--nasty.  Went back to the museum after for a bit more exploring.
Left about 3:00 under skies so dark and rain so intense, you'd think it was nighttime.  I then promptly turned the wrong way onto a main road.  (We had turned left onto the campus, but were going out a different way, which I didn't realize.)  I drove more than a mile, practically into the woods before I could turn around; did so at the entrance to a farm and another car followed me.  It was my daughters and the boys, concerned when they saw me turn right instead of left.  I told them I realized my error and we parted. 
Got home safely, although it took more than an hour and a half.  It was pretty hairy, what with the low visibility and the jammed Parkway, but I made it.  Called E. to let her know I arrived in one piece, and was in for the night.
Terrific rainstorm and wind was continuing by the time I went to bed, but it seems calmer this morning.  Hope so, as I'm driving Ellen to the airport today--sob!

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...