Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Breakfast And Dinner

Picked Leslie up at 8:30 and we went to good ol' Dynasty Diner.  (I had planned to go to Dockside, but remembered it's closed on Tuesdays.)  We both had omelets and good talk, too.
Asked Les if she wanted to go with me to Pet Smart.  Susan had told me what a hit the "catnip" papers had made with her kitties, so I got some for cats of my acquaintance and also, something for Lulu, my granddog.
Did this and that at home after, but it sure wasn't very memorable 'cause I can't remember what it was. 
Showered, dressed, and left for the Democratic Club dinner at 4:30.  This was at Octopus Garden, up the road about six miles on Route 9, a place I had never been.  Aline and Susan were already there, seated at a round table with another woman.  It wasn't a large room and I was pleased we weren't at the two long tables, which made it a bit crowded. 
The restaurant is a find, I think--nicely appointed, friendly and efficient staff, and good food.  I had tuna tartar, seared on the outside and essentially raw inside.  I guess that would seem gross to some people, but I love it. The place doesn't serve booze by the glass, but does by the small bottle and I bought one of Chardonnay. Overpriced, but good.
Luckily, there were no speeches, political or otherwise, and I enjoyed the meal and the company.  Especially enjoyed the fact that it was over by 7:45 and I was home at eight.

No comments:

Friday

Weight: stayed the same at home (125.4) and at T.O.P.S. was up an inconsequential .06 to 125.4. Maria brought a guest and we had a fairly in...