Saturday, December 22, 2012

Fun Day

Lotsa fun day.  Enjoyed birthday phone calls from other D.D., twin sis, two brothers, and several friends, plus was Skyped by both sons and families.  While Mike and his girls were on, I opened his gift: a nifty walking staff for hiking--I'll put it to good use.
Received snail mail cards, e-cards, and Facebook greetings from lots of relatives and friends.  Ellen made me a scrumptious birthday breakfast of scrambled eggs and sides and, of course, we continued to talk and talk. 
Susan and I didn't walk, as there was a ferocious wind and rain, plus she had an early eye doctor's appointment.  However, she had left me a present besides the pony tail plant:  a sturdy pair of gardening gloves (I had admired hers in the summer).
Went the the FELS Readers' Theatre group at 1:00 and we did a reading of The Browning Version, by Terence Ratigan.  It's a somewhat gloomy play involving an English "public" (private) schoolmaster, marital infidelity, dashed hopes, and uprooted lives--oh, just the usual.  I was assigned the role of Frank, the lover--our ten-member class is all female, so we take all roles.
A reporter and photog from The Press of Atlantic City came and took notes and pics; not sure when it will be in, maybe today. The rest sang "Happy Birthday" to me, which was nice of them.
Drove directly home to find my birthday cake cooling and it's very nice, indeed.  She proposed that we go out to dinner--yessireebob, fine by me--and we went to ScoJoe's.  Had yummy liver, she salmon.  Back home, Ellen made and iced the cake, which looks wonderful; we'll take it up north for a birthday celebration today.
Opened the front door just now to rescue the cloth Santas I had lolling on the porch (they keep getting blown onto the lawn) and found a big box from C. and C., the outfit Mike always using to send flowers.  Will open it when Ellen gets up.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...