Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Bean Stew And Busy

Hoo boy, busy day.  Got to the post office when it opened at 8:30 and sent off the big package.  Had breakfast, then got a slew of domestic chores done, such as paying bills on-line, washing clothes, straightening up the guest room, and so on. 
I've been wanting to make a "rosemary mushroom bean stew," the recipe for for which fellow Breeze contributor Lee S. had submitted to the paper.  Gathered all the ingredients only to find I didn't have enough mushrooms, so I put that on my pretty substantial list of errands. 
I'll just draw a curtain over the middle of the day except to note that I visited Wal-Mart, B.J.'s, Target, and one or two other stores to pick up medication, exchange, return, and buy new during a driving rain, and I didn't get home for lunch until three o'clock.
Found something else I wanted to send to the U.K., dug out a box for it, packed and wrapped it and went again to the P.O.  Was taking a breather on the computer when the doorbell rang; it was the mailman bringing a large box which I had been expecting.  I had been asked to open, remove price tags from the number of darling little-girl clothes inside, then re-pack and re-send.  I did, and made it to the P.O. just before the 4:30 close.
Finally got around to the bean stew after that.  Recipe called for a half cup of red wine, but I accidentally added a full cup (heh, heh).  Also added more beans, as it seemed a bit thin. It includes fresh rosemary and a bay leaf, too.
Well, yummy, yum, yum!  Had it for dinner and it's delicious.  It makes a fair amount and even though I gave myself a generous first portion, I have three bowls in the refrig for three more meals.
But wait: Today, I'm meeting Betty and friends at Italian Gourmet for a birthday lunch and tomorrow is the Women's Club luncheon.  Okay, then I'll have the bean stew for dinner.      

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...