Sunday, January 29, 2012

Went to the PLays and Playwrights meeting at the Ventnor Library. Brought a "serious" short play and the third act of my humorous dinner theatre play, Fatal Family Reunion, which was selected to be read. It went over big with the audience and I was asked to bring Act 1V next time.
Muckie met me there and enjoyed the afternoon; she left during the break, which was fine. Betty had invited her, Helen, and her friend, Helene, for dinner, but Muckie didn't come.
We had a delightful dinner--chicken, sweet potatoes, rice, salad, and broccoli, enlivened by the bottle of wine Helen brought.
The others left about 8:00 and Betty and I stayed up talking until about 9:30. I have this lousy cold, so took My-Quil, which knocks me for a loop; slept soundly and didn't get up until after 8:00.
Betty was going to have some people over for breakfast, but Muckie called to say she had a problem and Betty offered to take her to the emergency room. It was all right with me, as I have rehearsal this afternoon, anyway. I asked Betty to call and let me know how things went with Muckie.
Left and was home by 10:15 after a very pleasant half-weekend.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...