Saturday, January 07, 2012

Getting back in the groove, I hope. Skipped exercise (AGAIN!), but went to The Breeze meeting at Virginia's. Had some lively discussion as to whether we should run some angry letters reacting to an action of the board I won't even go into. We probably will, but only because a particular staff member is the wife of one of the angry letter-writers. A foolish concession, it seems to me.
I didn't realize after I borrowed the wheelchair for the play that I was supposed to sign it out. Went to the clubhouse to do so and was delighted to find another one. Spent a half hour or so practicing using it in the big room. Hope nobody else borrows it, as I want to get used to it for the play.
In the afternoon, I stopped over at Marge's and we had a nice chat. She looks better, t seems to me, after all her physical problems (and she's ten years older than I am). It's always such a relief to discuss various matters--especially about family--with her that I probably wouldn't fully with anyone else. She does the same with me and we both know we can confide in each other with no danger of either being judged or telling anyone else about our concerns.
Today is the thirtieth birthday of my dear grandson, J. I sent him a card and a check and much love, as ever. I find it hard to believe I have a child that old, let alone a grandchild, but it is what it is, I guess.
WIDER: I don't agree generally with the elitists who run "The Casey Report" and I sure as hell don't have the money to follow their directives, but some of their stuff makes sense. Here's an essay on fear I found absorbing:
http://www.caseyresearch.com/cdd/fear

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...