Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Spent most of the morning on the profile of the R.'s. Yoicks, it's due tomorrow and I still have to run it by them. It's not even finished--will see if I can have more time.
Betty called early on to say she was working in Galloway and could I meet for lunch. Yes, indeedy, and we did. Went to Italian Cuisine, one of my favs, and had an enjoyable time. Stopped at Santori's after, as it's right down the street.
Before going home, went to the clubhouse to practice again with the wheelchair.
Went early to rehearsal to continue wheelchair duty, but a group of women walked in the auditorium and told me a PTA meeting was scheduled. The custodian, Valarie, put me instead in the music room and when the rest of the cast came that's where we rehearsed.
Literary notes: My favorite reading is biographies, followed by real-life murder (what's wrong with me?) I'm now reading And So It Goes: A Life about Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. and just picked up a new Hemingway bio at the library. Just finished the fictional one about his first wife, Hadley; I tend to get interested in a certain subject--human or otherwise--and read a lot about him/her/it, then move on.
Must return Swerve, which Rosemary D. recommended. It's absorbing, but I was so busy over Christmas I didn't get a chance to finish it and I can't renew, as it's been requested by others. Will go back to it later.
Just sent to B & N for a book of political cartoons and opinion by "Mr. Fish," a guy who was actually born and brought up in Manahawkin.
My book reading is supplemented by Vanity Fair, with which I have a love/hate relationship. So much of the writing is so good, but it does, I suppose, support those pesky one-percenters. Interestingly, I don't pay for it. I had subscribed, but then stopped. They keep sending me requests to renew, which I never did, but get this: They send it to me anyway and have--gratis--for about three years. Guess I'll burn in hell for what amounts to stealing, but hey, it'll be worth it.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...