Thursday, January 26, 2012

Called Ray and Barb H. to ask if they want the youth bed and was delighted when they said they did. They came to get it, loaded it into their SUV (although they live only three doors down), and now I have my guest room back. I put a porch chair and small table in the space and it looks good. Think I'll put the small chest of drawers in the closet and move the antique desk back, which I now have in the hall.
Tonya appealed on Facebook for an old (thirties era) typewriter to dress the set for Night. Well, guess what? I have my father's from when he was in college. Pulled it out of the garage--I could hardly pick it up,it's so heavy--and put it in Pat's old transport chair to get it to the porch. Ray was kind enough to get it in the house for me and put it on the counter. I cleaned it up as best I could, and will take it to rehearsal tonight.
Betty got here about 2:00 and we had a nice time together. We chatted a bit, then I jumped in the shower while she used the computer. While I was getting changed, I received a call from Morris S., our former next-door neighbor on Lower Ferry,and we had a nice chat.
I noticed that I had a flat tire, so asked Betty to drive to Olive Garden, which she did. We had good meals, both involving shrimp, and I had a 20-ounce Blue Moon, really a bit too much, even for me. Got home without incident, watched some T.V. (a standard-formula program called "Filthy, Horrible Restaurant With Bad Food That Is Transformed Into A Hot Spot"). Boring.
Betty has to leave a bit before nine to go to an appointment in Toms River, but I'll see her again on Saturday. I'll stay over at her place after my Playwrights meeting in Ventnor in the afternoon.
WIDER: Here's a gem from my pal, Laurence Vance, over at LewRockwell.com:
http://lewrockwell.com/vance/vance276.html

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...