Thursday, January 19, 2012

Nothing much went on yesterday. Susan and I walked, of course, but I skipped exercise; just didn't feel like going.
The only important thing I did was to protest electronically to my Congressjerks against SOPA and PIPA. Also changed my FB profile picture to a black and white "Stop Sopa." If these bubbleheads pass the things, we might as well just walk away from the carnage of the country that used to allow at least a modicum of free speech.*
Ran up to Manahawkin to Shop-Rite and B.J.'s. Called Barb H. to tell her Susan and I want to take her to lunch to make amends for screwing up the date we had planned to go on the van tour. We thought Monday would be a good day; will ask Susan if she can make it.
Speaking--writing--of the H.'s, they invited me o their annual Super Bowl party on February 5 and I'll be happy to attend. Pat and I always went and I did the last few years, too. Of course, I have no interest in football--I don't even know who's playing--but I'll enjoy the socializing.
The northern couple marked their twelfth anniversary yesterday. That continues to be a match made in--not heaven, but the Outdoor Club of South Jersey.
Van tour today, which should be fun. Will make lunch to bring.
*Update: Well, wonders will never cease in this best of all possible worlds; from AntiWar.com:

SOPA Co-Sponsors Abandon Bill Amid Massive Protests
13 Senators Announce Opposition, Including Five Former Sponsors

Now, what about PIPA...?

No comments:

Sunday

I reserved yesterday for chores.  Stripped the bed and washed the sheets while I had breakfast. It pleased me that, just as I responded to t...