Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Spent most of the day coddling my cold. I did, though, go to Acme to get chocolate chips to coat the merigues I'll use for my "chocolates" on stage. Instead of them, however, thought I'd try cake icing.
Not one of my better ideas. They turned out sticky, so I'll go back for the other ones.
Reheasal was psretty much a shambles. We were all strartled to realize Desi meant it when he said we'd have to be off book by last night. Luckily, we have a person--Aline Bernstein--who wants to be in the group.* She acted as prompter and, boy, did we need her. I thought I had the first scene pretty much down pat. Not so, I'm afraid; I needed a lot of prompting.
We're going to rehearse tonight and tomorrow now, as well as our regular on Thursday. Suits me fine, as I have to get real about this thing.
*Aline Bernstein was a set designer who carried on a notorious affair with the writer Thomas Wolfe in the forties. She was married, Jewish, and considerably older than the big, flamboyant boy from North Carolina. I mentioned this to Aline and she said only a few other people had before. Guess most people never heard of Aline Bernstein. For all I know, a lot never heard of Thomas Wolfe.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...