Friday, January 27, 2012

After a very enjoyable visit, Betty left a bit before 9:00. Walked, then spent a lot of t.t.* re-formatting my ten-minute play (I Have Something To Tell You), which I'll bring to the playwright group tomorrow.
Did some wash and moved some furniture around. Stopped at the bank for cash, then picked up a bottle of wine. After, it occurred to me to check the tire that had been getting flat. Did, and it was more flat, so I went over to Mastercraft.
Darn! The guy said it was unfixable. Needed a new tire. Mastercraft is very expensive, but I was there, I didn't want to get on the Parkway and drive the 35 or so miles to Sears, so I had him put it on. Final cost was $124; probably would have been no more than $90 or so at Sears. I was infuriated, too, by the $2.00 charge for disposing of the old tire AND $1,50 NJ Motor Vehicle "tire fee." May the politicians who spend their days figuring out how to drain the taxpayer dry, drown in a vat of brake fluid! (Okay, Sister Theogene, it's an awkward sentence--all those d's--but I'm not changing it.)
Not until I was driving away did it finally hit me that I could have gone to B.J.'s right in Manahawkin, say, or someplace else; there were alternatives other than Sears. I mused--I do a lot of musing--that I seem often to overlook the obvious. Not sure why, but what I call "the false alternative," which I experienced yesterday, is often my downfall. But the hell with it: tire is on and I got a free oil change.
Rehearsal last night; did scenes four and five. I brought in my father's typewriter to dress the set. He had used it in college, then for his master's thesis at the Univ. of Pennsylvania and I have that document somewhere. With a great deal of difficulty, I got it into my truck by loading it first onto the transport chair.
Will meet at the Community Center on Sunday and rehearse the whole play in sequence for the first time.
*tedium time

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...