Saturday, January 28, 2012

Got lots accomplished, although that didn't include exercise at the clubhouse. Susan and I walked as usual, but hadn't brought umbrellas and were wet by the time we got home. No matter, but I just didn't feel like going out a 9:00, so didn't.
However, after breakfast, I made up a list of things I wanted to do, including duplicate my plays for the meeting today.
Got in the car and stopped at several places to hang flyers announcing Night Must Fall. These included the post office, the library, the thrift store, and my doctor's office, where I asked them to hang in their employee lounges.
At the latter location, I was going to make an appointment for a flu shot and was asked if I wanted to get one then. "Sure," I said, and did so--one more chore off my list.
Went to Kohl's and Wal-Mart to pick up some things and spent a fair amount of time at Staples duplicating the plays. The whole time I was out, it rained heavily, but that was okay.
Got home to dry off, have lunch, wash clothes, and move the "lady desk" from one area in the hallway to another. I'm still contemplating whether or not I want to put it back in the guest room.
Betty called and as we were winding up our talk, P. and N. called on Skype. P. and I were chatting casually when I heard a rumbling sound coming from his side. It was an earthquake and a minute or so later, there was another one. I heard the rumbling and saw the room shake. It's a horrible feeling to witness your son and DIL in danger and realize there's nothing you can do about it.
P. said the quakes were 5 and 3 on the scale, relatively mild, but when you actually see them, they sure don't look mild.
Going to the Playwrights meeting at 1:00--Muckie said she'd meet me there--then will stay over Betty's.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...