Thursday, January 05, 2012

Feeling better. Appealed to P. to help with getting pictures on Kodak Easy Share, as we have a "viewer share" arrangement. Still working on it.
Thought I'd nap yesterday, but I needed to replenish my tissues and other items, so went to Shop-Rite. Continued washing and putting things away.
Finally opened my mail. Lots of birthday and Christmas cards; nothing else of significance. Got gift cards from brother Larry and friend Marilyn M. for Olive Garden and Barnes & Noble, respectively. Must thank them. Think I'll use the B & N card to get a new book by "Mr Fish," a ferociously aware cartoonist. This guy is from Manahawkin, I was charmed to learn, and his work is sometimes profane, but always to the point when it comes to political relevance. It appears in The New Yorker, Harper's, Vanity Fair, and other for-the-literate venues.
Had a long talk with sister Betty, who also has a hanging-on cold.
Rehearsal tonight and a Breeze meeting tomorrow.
WIDER: As ever, Chris Floyd in his "Empire Burlesque" sums up the what support of any presidential candidate, including Obama, actually means:
"So many millions upon millions of pointless words spent on the "horse race" of the presidential election -- which will be decided solely on the basis of which two corporate bagmen spend the money of their masters most effectively -- and all of them nothing more than witless blather raising blood in the eyes of good people, to keep them from seeing the reality of the evil being done in their names, by the very 'progressive leaders' they champion."

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...