Friday, January 06, 2012

Nothing much went on yesterday until rehearsal in the evening. We were able to get on stage, which is always better, and it went okay, I guess. Of course, we're still very early in the process. I'm sure the actual acting, as opposed to blocking (moving around), will improve as we go along. Geez, I hope so.
Set up an interview date with Leslie and Dennis R. for Sunday. Have a Breeze meeting today at 10:00. Not looking forward to that, as it's beginning to be somewhat of a chore and--maybe I shouldn't say it--a bore. However, guess I'll continue; will certainly submit something about the play to run in the upcoming February issue.
WIDER: An interesting tidbit from William Blum's "Killing Hope" blog:
"During the Vietnam War some University of Michigan students created a brouhaha when they threatened to napalm a puppy dog on the steps of a campus building. The uproar of indignation at their cruelty was heard nationwide. Of course, when the time came they didn't do it, having successfully made the point that people cared more about napalming a dog than they did about napalming people."
This rang a bell with me, as I often puzzle about those I know--and there are a lot of them--who love and champion animals. Yet they so often seem indifferent to (or oblivious of) our country's systematic slaughter and other mistreatment of humans, including children. Seems to me on a par with religious people who abhor abortion, yet support the current mass murderer in the White House. They must know that he's continuing his predecessor's horrors with great enthusiasm, even accelerating them. What could explain this? Dunno, unless it's just the everlasting inconsistency of human personae.
Here's Blum's link: http://killinghope.org/

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...