Sunday, October 30, 2011

What a great day! I was able to track my dear runner from the beginning of the marathon; even saw the start, live on web cam, via the web site. Early on, I was pleased to get same from Tokyo, and Patrick guided me into fixing my sound. Betty called to ask again how to track the runner(s)--nephew Jeremy, too--and I was able to put her on it. I put running updates for both on Facebook, not realizing that Noelle was, too, as well as Joan and Jim R., Jer's parents.
In between times, I wrote out postcards for a certain young man in Norfolk and assembled my costume for the Halloween Dine Around Dinner.
Was pleased again to get a Skype call from the London contingent, during which my favorite runner called. We were both so thrilled and excited--she had trained for months, run the race, done it well, and what a glorious day! I can't remembered how I celebrated my fiftieth birthday, but it sure as hell wasn't running a marathon.
Walter and Susan, freshly back from Canada, picked me up a bit after five, then we got Mary Ann and repaired to the party. Everybody got a kick out of the fact that, while Judy (and Roman, the hosts) had instructed everybody to wear all black, I pretended I misunderstood and wore all white. Mary Ann wore a spectacular witch hat and everybody else was in black except me. (What is it that makes me want to go against the "rules" or instructions or the norm?)
Anyway, Judy outdid herself this time with the over-the-top prizes, giveaways, and do-dads, which included a light-up, rubbery, sort of phosphorus bracelet that kept blinking on and off for all the women. The blinking light bothered me so much I put mine under a napkin, then in my purse, which was white, of course.
Anyway, the food was good (salmon for me) and so was the company. Got home about 8:30 and on the computer for my nice weekly visit with Ellen. It's a good day when I get to see and talk to all my children and cheer the beloved daughter on at a triumph.
I don't remember this often enough: Lucky me.
NOTE: Here are more great puns from my Cincinnati Cuz, Marifran:
6. A dog gave birth to puppies near the road and was cited for littering.
7. A grenade thrown into a kitchen in France would result in Linoleum Blownapart.
8. Two silk worms had a race. They ended up in a tie.
9. A hole has been found in the nudist camp wall. The police are looking into it.
10. Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
11. Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
12. Two hats were hanging on a hat rack in the hallway. One hat said to the other: "You stay here; I'll go on a head."
And my favorite of this batch:
13. I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

3 comments:

iloveac said...

Big time congrats to the Northern runner. What an accomplishment!
Thanks RBM for sending Mr T the postcards...he will be surprised to receive them.
I love the puns...all puns...

I can never remember them, but this one has stuck with me.

Time flies....you cannot..they go too fast.

Mimi said...

Hey, that's a good one, too, Patti!

Jim Wetzel said...

Two silk worms had a race. They ended up in a tie.

And there's my favorite from today's crop. I know several other people who will enjoy it, too.

Thanks!

Friday

Weight: stayed the same at home (125.4) and at T.O.P.S. was up an inconsequential .06 to 125.4. Maria brought a guest and we had a fairly in...