Friday, October 21, 2011

Good fun yesterday. Betty arrived first, at about 11:30, Larry, Helen, and Nancy about noon, Jack shortly after. Had a ball at lunch and after. I had found a dunning letter from 1956 to Larry from Family Publications, Inc., threatening legal action because he owed them $2.82; we went into hysterics over that.
Betty left about 5:00, as she had a commitment that evening, then Jack said his goodbyes and the remaining four of us drove over to Ventnor and Atlantic City to show Nancy the sights. Larry treated us to dinner at Smithville Inn (pricey, but it's usually very good); however, I was disappointed in my chicken pot pie.
We chatted a bit more at home, then all turned in early, yours truly in three different beds, sort of. In a nutshell: I couldn't open the pull-out in the study, lay down on the living room sofa, woke up and transferred to the other bed in the guest room. However, I feel pretty rested now at 6:25, so no harm done.
I'll accompany the others to the funeral in Pennsy today.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...