Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Lots accomplished. In the morning, I cleared out the stand-alone bookcase (as opposed to the wall shelves)in the study. I came across books I hadn't even read yet, as well as others I don't even want to read. These include seven very heavy, large, and expensive ones given to Pat over the years, which concern aircraft carriers, WW II, and makes of cars. Think I'll try selling them, but I'm not sure how.
Called the Columbus Farmers' Market where I intend to sell a lot of Christmas stuff and was told you don't pay ahead; tables are on a first-come, first-served basis. That's okay and I'm going--assisted by my visitor from the north--on November 12.
Said visitor arrived about 12:30 yesterday and we had lunch together, then started on the list of items I had written up. We--mostly she--moved the bench and wicker plant holders to the curb, the porch furniture to the garage, various and sundry tables from one area to another, and completed similar fairly simple, but difficult for me to accomplish by myself, chores. We saw and chatted with several good neighbors under the warm and beautiful sun and for the millionth time, it occurred to me how lucky I am to live here. My visitor then went for a four-mile run, took a shower, and left to go back to school for conferences with parents.
Galvanized, I eyed the "sick table" next to what had been Pat's chair in the living room. This is one of these adjustable-for-height tables you see in hospitals (but this is lighter and more attractive) and was useful when Pat needed a large surface for various items. However, he's been gone for more than two years now and I wanted to replace it. What to do? Thought I'd check at the Living Word thrift store and found a somewhat rustic table that blends in pretty well with my mission-style furniture. Bought it for eight bucks, then found a youth bed I picked up for twenty. Only problem was I can't get the latter in my car. The people there even unscrewed the top from the bottom, but no luck. Called Dennis and he said he'd get it in his van, but couldn't then, as it was full. The store doesn't open again until Friday, so he'll get it then.
I had filled the two crock pots with my red cabbage, apple, and orange juice treat (which NOBODY in the universe likes except me) and had that along with raisin brand cereal (oh, don't even ask) for dinner. Chatted with Betty, sipped my wine later, and slept soundly.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...