Sunday, October 30, 2011

I'm late with this as I just had a nice conversation and look-see with P. and N. P. walked me through fixing my Skype sound which, for some reason known only to the computer gods, had disallowed him to hear me.
Yesterday was very enjoyable. Mary Ann picked me up at 7:15 and we drove up to Westminster in Princeton for the opera lecture. This one was on Siefried, the third of Wagner's four-part trilogy (oh, I know a trilogy is three, but there are four--can't remember the explanation). This is an five and a half hour opera--good grief--but the lecture, with excerpts and a 38-page written guide. (Geesh, I can't imagine how Wagner had time for all those extra-marital affairs in which he indulged.) Anyway, it was absorbing for this newly-converted opera fan.
It was also absorbing--in an entirely different way--to look out the window and see the heavy snow that followed the rain we drove through to get there. By the time the session was over, it was pretty slushy and I was hoping we wouldn't have it at home.
We didn't; the farther south we drove, the lighter the snow and by the time we reached Cream Ridge, it was all rain. Stopped for a late lunch at La Cuchina--I had yummy angel hair with olive oil and garlic--and got home about 4:30. I invited Mary Ann in for coffee and she stayed about a half hour. I was glad after that to change into casual clothes and sit and relax for the rest of the day.
During the lecture, I got a call back from that visitor up north, on her way to run in the Washington, D.C. marathon. I'll be able to track her progress on-line and will get into the site as soon as I finish here.
I'm bursting with pride in this runner!

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...