Friday, October 28, 2011

Contining my clear out, clean up rampage, I did the guest bath medicine cabinet--a piece of cake compared to the linen closet. It rained all day, but later on, I drove to the cemetery. Later still, tooled up to Manahawkin to pick up a few things.
NOTE: Here are some puns my Cincinnati Cuz, Marifran K., sent me:
1. The fattest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference. He acquired his size from too much pi.
2. I thought I saw an eye doctor on an Alaskan island, but it turned out to be an optical Aleutian.
3. She was only a whiskey maker, but he loved her still.
4. A rubber band pistol was confiscated from algebra class, because it was a weapon of math disruption.
5. No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.
I love puns! Funnily (heh, heh), of these I like number three best. There are more, but I'll save them for later.

2 comments:

Jim Wetzel said...

Those are all wonderful, but I'm partial to #2. The pun is, perhaps, the highest form of humor.

By the bye, here's an optical joke:

Did you hear about the blonde optical engineer? She designed a camera lens, and totally ignored both primary chromatic aberration AND spherochromatsm. When her colleagues demanded to know why she left these aberrations uncorrected, she laughed and laughed. After all, she knew the camera would only be used to take black-and-white pictures!

Oh, I just crack myself up sometimes, I really do!

Mimi said...

Jim, I'm afraid ONLY an engineer could understand this, let alone think it's funny! I laughed, but mainly because I don't have the faintest idea what any of your terms mean. I think that's funny in a weird sort of way. Thanks for sharing, though--uh, I think...

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...