Thursday, October 27, 2011

Happy day, one of the big jobs is done. I spent several hours on the linen closet, which is s large one in the master bath. Emptied, sorted, threw away, donated, and then put everything back. It boggles the mind to contemplate what all I had in there--AND I had gone through it about six months after Pat died, though not in depth. Just as an indication of the magnitude of the task, I discovered five bottles of rubbing alcohol. Can't remember using the stuff for either Pat or me. Anyway, it was quite an accomplishment. I was so proud of myself, I actually sent two pictures to Betty when I had most of the stuff spread out in the kitchen.
Ran a lot of errands: dropped things off the the SOCH thrift store in Manahawkin, and went to B.J.'s, Staples, and Shop-Rite.
Came home to enjoy a call--this time by phone, not Skype--from Mike, who wants me to be on the lookout for something coming in the mail I must send him. Chatted with Leslie, who was pushing her grandson, Nicholas, down the street in his stroller.
Around 5:00, I drove to the cemetery, as I often do at that time. Was pleased to see the mums on Pat's grave look beautiful; they've opened up and are the big ones. Watered, then went to Jay's, where the mums look okay, but are not as spectacular, I guess because they're mostly in shade.
Made an appointment to get my hair done tomorrow.

No comments:

Friday

Weight: stayed the same at home (125.4) and at T.O.P.S. was up an inconsequential .06 to 125.4. Maria brought a guest and we had a fairly in...