Thursday, October 06, 2011

Mike C. came over at 10:00 to explain about solar panels and I signed on the dotted line. Bob S. came at 11:00 to flush out my sprinklers (sounds pretty erotic, doesn't it?). Had to go to the bank to get cash to pay him and also for lunch. Stopped at Produce Junction on my way to that occasion and got a third basket for my closet shelves. Picked up a pretty orchid to welcome Betty home.
Met the aforementioned, Suzanne, Muckie, and Helen at Northfield Diner and had a good time. Helen had an appointment, but the rest of us went back to Betty's and chatted for an hour or so.
Stopped at the hospital on the way home to get my records, but I had missed them by 15 minutes. Will go today.
Was surprised to get a call from Julie L., who asked if I knew that the Atlanticare branch where I go no longer has a doctor there. Darn, I didn't know. I'm going to try to find the person who is in charge of this stuff and ask what gives.
Have a meeting for The Breeze this afternoon and am going to see Marge and Fred after to tell them about the Lucille Ball show. Glad I don't have to fudge about enjoying it, because I really did.
WIDER: On Antiwar.com, Philip Giraldi takes us on a truly horrifying trip five years into the future:
http://original.antiwar.com/giraldi/2011/10/05/what-2016-might-look-like/
It's horrifying mainly because it's so utterly believable.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...