Saturday, October 29, 2011

Starting with exercise at the clubhouse, I was pretty much on the go all day. Came home to breakfast, some computer work (or rather, "work"--I don't do no stinkin' work) and vacuuming. Sliced Kirby cucumbers and onions and made a nice batch of crystal pickles; I like to have them ready in the freezer for company. Stripped my bed, washed the sheets, and tidied up. Went to Acme for supplies, then B &B for sweet peppers. Made a big salad for lunch and cut up peppers and onions for dinner.
Got an e-mail from Desi inviting me (along with a lot of other people) to see Lend Me A Tenor at Ocean Community College on November 17. I asked Frank if he and Barbara wanted to go, as I don't want to drive an unfamiliar route at night. He's going, Barb isn't, and he invited me to accompany him, possibly with Desi, and I will.
Donated some things at the SOCH thrift store and saw some "bumper" panels, so bought them. Not sure if I'll use them, as they're for a crib, not a youth bed, but I may be able to if I double them up.
Went to Creative Touch at 2:00 for cut and color. As usual, Leanne did a superb job--I'm convinced she's the only hairdresser on the face of the earth who knows how to cut my hair. The cost is horrendous--with a generous tip for her and more for the girl who washes, close to a C-note, but hey, what price should I put on feeling like a million bucks, at least until I wash my head?
Called the northern dweller while I was being made beauti--okay, passable--and learned she did want the table I replaced in the living room. She came and got it, and said she'd call today. She runs on Sunday and am I bursting with pride? Oh, yes.
Dennis had promised to pick up the youth bed for me and I walked the three doors down to his house. Went with him and we got the bed without incident, which fits fine in the guest room.
Made my current favorite, stir-fired peppers, onions, garlic, and shrimp, for dinner, and slept like a log.
Mary Ann and I are going up to Westminster again today for a lecture on an opera. Can't remember which one, but I know I'll enjoy it.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...