Sunday, March 27, 2011

Zipped down to Santori's for veggies and salad fixings. Made a big, green salad for what I'll call the "pre-production costume/cast party." If I say it myself, the salad was damn good: Green leaf lettuce, tomatoes, mushrooms, orange sweet peppers, feta cheese, and chicken. I put several dressings in a basket and brought them along. Along with the pizza, fried chicken wings (I never liked them), shrimp, and a variety of other goodies--not to mention the wine and beer, which flowed freely--it was a delicious spread.
We had all brought our costumes and tried them on. Luckily, Julie's house, where we had the party, is very large (out in the country in New Gretna) with a lot of bedrooms, so we had space. Everybody liked my choir scene outfit, but wardrobe mistress, Ellen V., turned thumbs down for the dress to wear to the wedding. I got it at the SOCH thrift store for four bucks, but even at the time, didn't think it was right for the era (1900's). She found me an appropriate skirt and we'll hunt for a top to go with it.
After, we sat in the large living room, many on the floor, and "read lines," (actually recited from memory); did the third act first, then the first.
The gathering started at 4:00, and we broke up about 8:00, a nice, early end to the evening.
Susan asked if I could walk at 6:45, instead of 7:00, as she wants to go to 7:30 mass, fine by me. After that, I actually have nothing scheduled, unusual for me lately. Think I'll get a few things done around here, then maybe go to the cemetery.
WIDER: For Obama fans, an incredibly hard-hitting piece by Linh Dihn, that includes:
"Again, American borders are porous by design, just as other countries’ borders are routinely violated by the U.S.A. There is a huge difference, however: when Americans enter another country illegally, it’s never to empty foreigners’ bedpans or to wash their dishes, but usually to kill them."
And this:
"The President of the United States is also a spokesman for murderers and crooks. He doesn’t rule, but obeys. His main job is to deceive the masses as he serves his enablers. He can say anything at any time, and means none of it. The President of the United States is the world’s most visible actor, in short."
But so much more, especially concerning the slaughter parties in which we so lightly engage.
Those who dare can read it all at "State Of The Union" here:
http://linhdinhphotos.blogspot.com/2011/03/winding-down-obama.html

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...