Thursday, March 10, 2011

What fun having Betty here! She came a bit before 10 after her doctor's appointment, which she said went well. While we talked in the kitchen, I made a big salad and put new potatoes, onions, and garlic in the crock pot. We met Ellen V. for lunch at Applebee's and had a great time talking and talking and talking, of course. I don't eat meat or fowl at home (I see no particular reason to do that), so I ordered a shrimp and chicken combo; ate very scrap. We stopped after at Shop-Rite, where I introduced Betty to those puffy things that are only 15 calories each. Of course, you have to eat about of them to feel you've eaten anything.
Served a vegetarian dinner of the salad and potatoes, plus half each of an acorn squash.
Went to rehearsal. Betty was going to go, but she was tired, so decided not to. Just as well, since the Community Center was cold as a tomb, as usual, and it probably would have been very tedious to witness the session. We did Act II, which includes the wedding scene. I'm almost off book, but not quite--better get crackin'.
When I got in about 9;15, I poured myself a glass of wine and Betty a soda and we sat up talking and laughing for more than an hour--late for me, but worth it.
Before my trip, I had bought a "snuggle" for myself, and picked up one for Betty. She loves it and it trailed after her most of the day. So funny.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...