Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Susan and I walked with umbrellas in a driving rain. At 9:00, virtuous me went to exercise, and I was glad I did. Later drove to Manahawkin to enlarge and duplicate pages from the Our Town script, which are hard to read in the versions I have. Otherwise, just did various chores. It cleared up nicely later in the day, I was happy to see. Hate rain and cold and love hot and humid.
Met Vivian for dinner at Calloway's at the unheard-of hour of 5:00 pm. I dislike eating that early, but want to accommodate her whenever possible. She works and also has an almost completely paralyzed husband (MS). I had met her at Wellspouse when I was a member caring for my own husband.
We had a mediocre meal and a good chat. Was home by 6:30. Mammogram at 8:00 am today, then will meet Betty for breakfast.
WIDER: Here's a stunning essay by Tom Engelhardt that outlines the nature of our current ways of war, then clarifies. I had never understood this before.
http://www.tomdispatch.com/post/175368/tomgram%3A_engelhardt%2C_top_guns_no_more/#more

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...