Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Went to exercise and got the income tax done; am getting $1300 back. Other than that, I mostly just spent time on The Breeze stuff. A fellow member of the editorial staff, Julie L., objects to one of the pictures I included with my article on Vietnam. Think I'll add it here (see previous) and poll my vast numbers of readers--all one or two of you--to see what they think. BTW, I describe the Saigon market, so it's relevant. E-mailed Mary S. to the effect that I had failed to receive the memo appointing Julie photo editor.
Got a web cam call from P. and N. Things are still uneasy there--power outages and scarce food and other items--but the nuclear reactors are the true worries. Saw some pictures
Other than that and the IRS tribute meeting, nothing much went on except household chores and a few phone calls. Several friends, brother Larry, and sister-in-law Regina, had called over the weekend expressing concern about P. and N., and I called all back. Also spoke to sister Betty.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, horrible! How dare you consider including such a ugly thing. One vote for Julie!

Mimi said...

Ho, ho, Anon. I happen to know you eat bugs yourself. Oh, I forgot, that's your brother.

iloveac said...

Just looking at this photo makes me give serious thought to becoming a vegan.YUK!

Mimi said...

But, Pat, you eat animal flesh, don't you?

Pat said...

Yes, I do...it's just this photo takes me out of my denial as to what I am eating. This presentation hits one right in the face. I never think about my steak having a mother etc...yet I know it did. This photo reminds me of an autopsy room in the hospital morgue...on a larger scale.

Anonymous said...

Looks like: Julie 2 - Mimi - 0.

Mimi said...

Huh--that's all you know, Anon. It's actually Julie ZERO, Mimi more-than-you-can-count, because the picture IS going to run.

Mimi said...

Pat,I thought I had added this commment yesterday, but it didn't show. I thought your mention of a shark having a mother was so funny, and am interested in the autopsy thing. Have you actually witnessed one?

Pat said...

Viewing an autopsy was one of the first things we did when I began nursing school. I clearly remember thinking the blood looked just like grape juice (due of course to no oxygen it)..I don't think we stayed for the entire thing. They do put the organs on big scales for weighing, and that's what I saw in your photo. Oh yeah, I remember the liver because-- when we went back to the nurses residence for lunch the menu item was liver...none of us could eat it. I remember another one with a patient I had just cared for....I couldn't stay in the room....too upsetting. I can still see the big wooden block under his head to give it support.

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...