Monday, March 07, 2011

Miserably dreary day: rainy, windy, and dark, my least favorite. However, there were a few bright spots, notably a call from sister Betty. I should have spent the day doing useful things, but I didn't. Went to Acme and stocked up on veggies; later, put new potatoes, onions, garlic, and spices in the small crock pot and let them become yummy. Washed, trimmed, and cooked cauliflower, asparagus, and broccoli; ate some and will have the rest tomorrow. Made vegetable broth to use in soup with the trimmings; froze that.
Aside from that minor stuff, just spent time fooling around on the computer. High point of day was the web cam call from Ellen--we had a nice chat--interrupted by one from Mike, which I had to defer. Did get a chance to see sweet Violet on Daddy's lap. Another high point was a call from brother Larry from Miami, inviting me to go on a cruise to Mexico in June. Lots of members of his humongous family are going and I'm seriously considering it--think I probably will.
Eye doctor appointment this morning, to which I'm not looking forward. My biggest fear in life is blindness and was told a few years ago I have some kind of holes or dots in the back of my eyes. Can't remember if that's a sign of macular (SpellCheck can't spell it, either) degeneration or not, but it scares me a lot. Last time I went, last year, the doctor said it was "stable," which is good news. Hope it stays that way.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...